Reuters Messaging is an instant messaging application that allows financial professionals to securely communicate in real time over the Internet. Reuters Messaging is available as stand-alone software or as an embedded component in a range of Reuters market data desktop products. The software, solely available to financial markets securities industry (capital markets) professionals has been primarily adopted by large financial enterprises (such as large broker dealers) as well as small organizations (such as hedge funds). The Reuters Messaging network is officially connected (federated) with the three largest consumer networks AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger and MSN Messenger.
Reuters Messaging 7.0 offers the following features:
* Unified contact list for Reuters Messaging, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger and MSN Messenger
* Topic-based inter-company secure chat forums
* Send files to any other user including to AOL, MSN and Yahoo users.
* Easy screenshot capture and exchange
* Exchange of structured trading forms
* Drag and drop of trading information and graphs from Reuters terminals
* Local message archive
* Central view for managing multiple conversations
* Secure end-to-end messaging using SSL 128-bit encryption